Thursday, 10 November 2011

5 Minute Make-up: Work

Hi Everyone! I have a super quick tutorial for you today, perfect to get you ready for work in the mornings in literally 5 minutes. Enjoy!

I started off by applying my foundation with my fingers. I used Bourjois Healthy Mix #51 (my favourite). The reason I recommend using your fingers is because its fast, there's no need to worry about dirtying brushes and its easy to blend into the skin with the heat from your fingers. I also applied some Benefit High Beam on the tops of my cheeckbones to add some luminosity. Next, I applied uDPP in Sin with my ringfinger all over the lid. Im in love with this colour at the minute because the product doubles as a cream eyeshadow and a non-budging primer.

This step is optional, but I prefer leaving the house with my eyebrows done, so I filled them in a little with an angled brush and Catrice eyeshadow Starlight Espresso.

To add a little bit of definition, I ran a little bit of Catrice eyeshadow Heidi Plum on the lashline and winged it out slightly. I also took this under the lower lashline very lightly.

Next I curled my lashes and applied a few coats of Bourjois Curling Masacara. If you happen to smudge your mascara all over your lid like I did here, the easiest way to clean it is to wait until its dry, then take a DRY cotton bud, and simply sweep it away.


To cover my dark circles and any blemishes I quickly patted on some Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer, again with my fingers. I wouldn't recommend contouring during daytime (especially if youre doing your make-up before the sun is even up.) so to add a little healthy flush to the cheecks I used urban Decay Glide on Cheeck Tint in Quickie with my fingers. I only have the sample size of this, but Im definitely getting the full size next time I head to uD because its so easy to blend into the skin.

For lips, I used Benefit Lipstick in Shy, a mauvey pink, for me its that perfect "my lips but better" colour. I added a little bit of gloss with Bourjois 3D Effects Lipgloss in #61.

Et voila! Simple, Fast, Sophisticated? I don't know. Hope this helps! Oh and please ignore the wet hair in the first picture, Im trying to avoid using heat of any kind on my hair atm after getting my highlights done last week. Much Love!

3 comments:

  1. That's lovely, really fresh and healthy looking. I always have to define my eyebrows, no matter how much of a rush I'm in! To me it looks really weird if I have a full face of make-up and I haven't done my eyebrows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look. It's very effortless and natural. You're gorgeous! :)

    xx

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously love your site.. Pleasant colors & theme.
    Did you make this website yourself? Please reply back as I'm attempting to create my own personal blog and want to find out where you got this from or what the theme is called. Thank you!

    my web-site bmr calculator to lose weight

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx