Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Review: Urban Decay Primer Potion Eden & Sin

Hi Everyone! Im sorry for the lack of posts this week, its been crazy busy and now im dosed with the cold so a tutorial was pretty much out of the question today. So instead, I thought I'd do a little review on one of my favourite products ever, the Urban Decay Primer Potion! I've had the colour Eden for a while now, but over the weekend my gorgeous friend Aoife gave me the Original and Sin duo as an impromtu present, which made me ever so happy and excited as Ive been meaning to get the Sin colour for a while and you can never have enough of the original!

So let's start with Eden! Eden is a yellow-toned concealer like colour which covers any discolouration or veins on the lids, which is super handy. As you can see, my tube is the new well, tube-like packaging, which has its pros and cons. The pros are that its a smaller size but contains 11ml rather than the old packaging with the wand that contains 10ml. I also like using these for my professional work as the product does not get contaminated when its in a tube like this. However, although there is more product in the tube, I find that more product get's wasted as its so easy to squeeze out too much and not get it back in. And with this particular product, you really need only the tiniest bit. the other thing is that the top of this doesnt screw on as tight as I'd like it to, now I don't know if this only happens to my tube, (although its the same on my Original in the same packaging) or if its all the new tubes. God I've never said the word TUBE so many times in a row haha.
Another thing I've found with Eden is that it does tend to crease slightly on me. And it's not as long lasting as the original. This could be because I might be using too much product (at the beginning I definitely did, I didnt realise taht this was not something to be applied as liberally as the Original), but it'd say its definitely worth investing in if you have very uneven lids, and wish to cover that up, but you may as well just get a good quality cream shadow like a Mac PaintPot or Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow.



Now as for Sin, I won't be able to go into as much depth with this as I only tried it for the first time today, but I'll keep you posted on how I find it with longetivity etc. But the colour is just a lovely frosty champagne, obviously I wouldnt use this as a base for matte shadows, but as I often use a shimmery lid colour anyway this will be perfect for that. I've included pics below of Sin just on its own on the lid, which looks great too, so this can be used simply as a cream shadow if you're in a hurry! (hello extra 20 minutes in bed in the mornings!) This came in the old bottle-like packaging with the angled wand (I really love this packaging, its so unusual and funky) and the top twists really tightly closed, which is great :)



Here you can see the Original primer potion, which dries invisible.


And lastly, here's what Sin looks like on its own on the lids. Urban Decay really need to stop calling so many products Sin, it gets really confusing. I mean this is nothing like Sin eyeshadow, which is frosty too, but much more pink toned. But how gorgeous is this?



Overall, if you're going to invest in just one Primer Potion, I recommend the Original as it's the most versatile but I hope this was in some way useful to some of you, looking back at this post now, I think it's kinda pointless but... Oh well. Is everyone ready for Halloween? Keep an eye out for my halloween inspired tutorial for Beaut.ie this friday! Much Love! XxxX

10 comments:

  1. I have the original and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive been trying to decide which one to get as my eye-shadow keeps creasing...your eyes look gorge btw doll! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bibi Elizabeth - I recommend the Original, it never ever creases on me :) thanks so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen your swatch of "Sin" and saw it on your eye, and have been looking far and wide for this picture to see what you did...and I can't believe it's just one product you've applied! I have been trying to re-create that look so long now. (I'm talking about the last picture on this post.) Your eyes are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need help. I bought UD Original and I just can not make it work. It creases even before I put the eye shadow on. I gave it a few chances...today last chance- I made sure there is no cream on my eye lids (I normally put some cream on my face in the morning), I applied a small bit of it on my eyelids and above, I waited at least 5 min, applied eyeshadow...2 hours later...all creased. It didn't actually look particularly vibrant seconds after I applied the eye shadow so what am I doing wrong? My eye lids are not really oily either. Is the primer out of date/fake ??? Please advise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where did you buy it? If it was eBay or somewhere other than an UD counter, or a genuine online site, then chances are that it was a dud. Also, are you sure you're not putting on too much? You literally only need a dot, less than what you think will be enough, this could be the cause of creasing. If neither of these apply I don't know what else it could be, make sure you have it well patted in, not just left to sit. Let me know how you get on!

      Delete
    2. Yes I used literally a dot. I ordered from Ebay but from a reputable seller so I hoped it would be good. I just sent it back today as I tried many times and it just didn't work... something must have been not right. Today I got a new one (different seller) Sin this time. I put it on an hour ago and so far... I think it works. I will see later. Thanks a lot for replying...I was getting really desperate!

      Delete
    3. Oh yes... and you review is very good. You are right Sin looks so beautiful on its own! :)

      Delete
  6. Sorry for posting again. I bought my primer here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170891582862?var=470203959625&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 and just found a post on some forum about fake UD primer http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/126542/counterfeit-urban-decay I must say that packaging looks very much like the one I got from Ebay. Not sure if the real product comes in a box like that (???)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to try the primer potion! :D
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ Urban Decay Philippines

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx