Sunday, 9 October 2011

How To Disguise a Hungover/Sick Face


Hi Everyone! The reason Im doing this post today, (its Sunday morning when I'm typing this) is because I had a few drinks last night and feel like utter crap today. It's a good thing I had nowhere to be today, but if I did, this is how I would disguise my tired face and dull skin. I tried to include minimal amount of products and I ued no brushes because when youre not feeling 100%, you want to make minimal efort for maximum results.

So here's the before picture:

The first thing I did, was apply tons of moistuizer. Alcohol very effectively dries out the skin, so slapped on a thick layer and moved on to the eyes to give the moisturizer time to sink in. I also applied a lip balm because the lips are the first thing to dry out and cracked lips are not nice. I used a cream eyeshadow on the lid because its quick, easy and simple. And it lasts all day. Benefit Cream Shadow/Liner in Birthday Suit. The reason I chose this colour is because it blends effortlessy into the skin and is a neutral shade that doesnt draw much attention bu disguises veiny lids etc.


To add some highlight to the inner corner and under the brow, I used GOSH Eyeliner Pencil in Sparkling Pearl and blended with my finger. This will add light and life to tired eyes.

This next step is optional, if you have decent eyebrows anyway, but because people are used to seeing me with full groomed filled-in brows, seeing my stragly uneven ones would immediately indicate that somethings not right, so I quickly ran TIGI Bed Head Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette through my brows.

I ran GOSH Khol Pencil in White on the waterline lightly (I didnt want there to be a solid white line which would look very obvious and rather strange.) and applied a coat of IsaDora Vibralash Mascara (I like this because it creates long, defined lashes without adding too much volume). And that's it for the eyes!

To cover my dark circles, I applied a generous amount of Catrice Light Reflecting Concealer under my eyes, blending with my finger. Alcohol has a strange effect on my skin where, I get these dry spots in random places over my face, mainly around the mouth and forehead. For this reason I decided to skip foundation all together and simply covered what needed covering with Mac Studio Finish Concealer (around the nose, cheeks and chin)



To bring back some colour into my lips I simply ran Rimmel Long-Lasting Lipliner in Indian Pink over them and thanks to the lip balm I applied earlier, this created a stained-like effect.

To finish off the skin, I blended GOSH Liqui Highlighter over my cheekbones, down the nose and on the cupids bow with my finger. This creates a lovely glow to the skin and makes it appear healthy and beautiful. And last but not least, I dabbed on a little bit of urban Decay Glide-On Cheeck Tint in Quickie on the apples of my cheeks to create that "I just went jogging" look (bahahaha).

And now ready to face the world! This make-up shouldnt take more that 5 minutes to do, and its a great way to give yourself that little pick-me-up when youre not feeling the best. :)

5 comments:

  1. I really want Birthday Suit now! I prefer a "natural" face and I love the look you created. The only thing I'm afraid to try is the white liner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look and some great tips on disguising hungover skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! Needed this SO badly today, following your blog now, it's fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT POST! I unfortunately have spent many a Sunday looking a little worse for the wear after one drink too many the night before, lol! These are really great tips! You look much better at the end of it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that's both equally
    educative and interesting, and without a doubt, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is something which not enough men and women are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something concerning this.

    Also visit my web page :: Buy Property lancaster (lancashire)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx