Thursday, 29 September 2011

Vampy Scarlet Eyes Tutorial



Hey Everyone, havent I been very productive this week, I have another tutrial for ya! Its a very bold look, you could wear it for Halloween if you are going as a sexy witch or an evil fairy or even a vamp. Enjoy!

As usual, I applied my Primer Potion in Eden all over the lid and I filled in my brows with Stila eyeshadow in Nanda Devi and an angled brush.

Next, as a base for the red eyeshadow, I used a red lipliner (an old H&M one, I doubt they even sell it anymore) and blended it onto the inner half of my lid with my ringfinger. Now, red happens to be one of those pigments that people may or may not take a reaction to, so before you do this step make sure whatever youre using is safe to use around the eye area. I have no idea whether this lipliner is or not, but its all I had, and I am not allergic to red AND this make-up was washed off right after taking these photos. Instead of a lipliner you could use a cream shadow, a red eyeliner (if you have it) a paintpot or even black eyeliner used in the same method woud work fine.

Next, taking this scarlett colour (from one of my random cheap ebay 88 palettes) with a flat shader brush I packed it onto the lid, right on top of where the lipliner was.


Blend out the edges with a blending brush. Next I took a little bit of Catrice eyeshadow in Starlight Espresso and began blending in the crease and above. I also took this shimmery grey taupe colour and did the same thing. This step will make it a little easier to blend out the black later on.



With a tapered crease brush I took Creep from my Naked Palette and slowly began applying it to the outer V, until I got a shape like this.


Next, with a short shader brush, I applied Brue by Mac around the browbone to help blend out the crease colours. I also applied Blanc Type to the inner corner.



To line the waterline and to tightline, I used Catrice Gel Liner in Black and to create the super dramatic winged liner on top I usd Rimmel Glam'Eyes Liquid Liner in Black.

2 coats of Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara and SalonSystem Naturalash #145 lashes.

On the lips I applied AVON Supershock Liner in Black on the corners and the lipstick is Revlon Super Lusrous Lipstick in Cherries in the Snow.




I've done quite a few dramatic looks in the last little while, whaddya say, keep em coming or tone it down? Much Love xxx

6 comments:

  1. So fun!!! I am thinking of being queen of hearts for halloween this would be a great look for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just discovered your blog...and I am so glad I did. Your tutorials are fantastically well done, and easy to follow. Can't wait to try some of the looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly, I love it! The lips are tdf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your blog (thanks to ArtDonatella) and think it's fantastic. I love your tutorials and they're really easy to follow for novices like me so thanks.

    This look is stunning btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous look! I'm so excited about Halloween but haven't decided on a costume just yet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely die for this! Awesome job on the gradient lip! I crack it out sometimes but I can never do such a perfect job of it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx