Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Turqoise & Lilac Dramatic Eyes Tutorial

Hi Girls! The weather was so good today, I felt like doing bright jewel coloured eyes, and pretend its still summer. This look would look amazing on brown or hazel eyes, my dull blues look even duller with these, but it didnt stop me wearing it anyway, so yeah. Lets get started!

First of all I applied GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation Primer on my skin. I dont normally use a primer, but my skin has been kind of weird and uneven recently so I applied this first to give it time to sink in. I had never used the eyeshadows in this tutorial before, so I was expecting fallout galore, but was pleasantly surprised. For eyes, I applied a small amount of Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden.

Next, I took Bourjois Regard Effect Metallic Eyeliner in #54 Bleu clinquant (wheesh) and applied that to the inner half of my eye, and blended it out with my ringfinger.

With a flat shader brush I applied the shimmery turqoise from my Bed Head 4Play Drama Queen quad over where the liner was. You want to really pack on this colour.


Then taking another coloured pencil, this time GOSH Velvet Touch Eye Liner in Purple Stain and did the same on th outr corner of the eye.

Flipping the same shader brush over, I took Catrice eyeshadow #370 Don't Lie, Lac! (haha love the name). and applied this on top of the purple liner. Make sure to overlap a generous amount of this over the blue, to blend the two together.


Using a slim tapered blending brush, I took another Ctarice eyeshadow, #280 Heidi Plum, and swooped this into the crease and outer V.


Finally to darken up the crease colour, with the same tapered brush I used Catrice eyeshadow #140 The Captain of the Black Pearl (which is a great dupe for Creep by Urban Decay and correct me if im wrong, but I believe Mac Black Tied also.)


As a brow highlight I used Mac Brule on a dense big brush like so. I also took both eyeliners and eyeshadows on the bottom lashline. The bright turqoise eyeliner on the waterline too.


As an inner corner highlight I used Virgin from the UD Naked palette with a small shader brush.

Next I used Catrice gel liner in Black (its called something like Black Jack with Jack Black) and created a thick line close to the lashes and tightlined with this also. Then I ceated a corresponding liner with IsaDora Waterproof Aqua Splash Eye Liner in #60 Pool Blue. Tons of mascara with Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara (which I love).




I filled in my brows with Stila Nanda Devi eyeshadow and a Crown angled brush.


On the lips I used Rimmel Lipliner in Eastend Snob and Bourjois 3D Effect Max Lipgloss in #61 Rose Acidule.


On the rest of my skin I used Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation #51, Mac Studio Finish Concealer NW20, Catrice Light-Reflecting Concealer (under eyes), Gosh Liquid Highlighter, urban Decay Gel Blush in Quickie and Benefit High Beam as extra highlight. No powder, I wasnted to keep the skin fresh and dewy, so as not to look like Im going to a drag party. But thats it! Eyelashes would be lovely with this, however, I am completely out. Someone needs a trip to Sally's methinks...









Let me know if you prefer these type of tutorials where I show the product and brush or if you prefer them showing just the eyes. So I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what you think! Much love xxx

5 comments:

  1. you did great hun I love it !
    you have beautiful eyes!

    blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm so going to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the eyeliner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx