Thursday, 18 August 2011

Colourful Arabic - Inspired Eyes

Hi Everyone, here's an arabic-style, very dramatic look, quite un-wearable, but if you're very bored, give it a try! :) All colours are interchangeable, you can use whatever colours you want. I havent used a tape in so long, it look me a good 5 minutes to even figure out where to put it and everything :) Ok lets go!


I primed my lid using Urban Decay Primer potion in Eden, the concealer-like one, because I wanted a super even base. I didnt do my foundation until later, because I was expecting fallout. I also placed the tape going from the outer corner of the eye up towards the eyebrow, just make sure both eyes are even.


I took this matte aqua colour with a small shader brush and applied it to he inner half of the eye lid, leaving the inner corner free.



I then flipped the same brush over and took this poison green (matte again) and applied that to the outer half of the lid, and blended the blue and green together. If you have a blue and green base on top of the primer potion, like an eyeliner pencil of cream shadow, I would recommend doing that first, as these shadows arent the best quality, but unfortunately I dont own a green or a blue base so I worked with what I had.



Using a domed crease brush and Creep from the Urban Decay Naked palette, I placed this on the very outest corner and sharply into the crease.



Blend the top line of the crease lightly and remove the tape gently.


Taking a magenta pink with a short shader brush, I applied that so that it peeked out on top of the black crease colour.



I used Blanc Type from Mac as a brow highlight but forgot to take a picture of it, and with the same short stubby brush I applied Half Baked from the Naked palette on the lower lashline.




I wanted a dramatic highlight colour for the inner corner and under the brow bone, so I used the frosty white from the Bed Head Drama Queen quad. I also used Urban Decay pencil eyeliner in Zero(black) on the lower and upper water line.



For my brows I used Stila eyeshadow in Nanda Devi (a cool medium brown) with an angled brush. I wanted super dramatic in-your-face power brows.



Dramatic winged liquid liner on top, this is Rimmel Glam'eyes Liner in Black.


Add mascara and eyelashes et voila!


For lips, I used the Rimmel Exaggerate lipliner in Eastend Snob (going way above my natural lipline, I wanted lips that would put Pamela Anderson to shame.) And I used Bourjois 3D Lipgloss in Brun, a frosty browny nude. I realise that I have been spelling Bourjois wrong for about a year now... Fantastic.



For my skin, I used the Maybelline New York 24hr foundation, Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer, Mac Studio Finish Concealer, Rimmel Pressed Powder, Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer to contour and Mac Creme Colour Base in Shell to highlight. I didnt do any blush as the eyes and lips are OTT anyway. I hope you enjoyed this, and everyone have a great weekend!



4 comments:

  1. That looks lovely. You have a lot of talent. If I attempted that I'd look like I got punched in the face hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful look! I love how you combined all the shadows and your lips look amazing! Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx