Monday, 25 July 2011

Foundation Review: Maybelline 24 H Superstay

Hello Ladies, Im back..! I am so sorry for being so neglectful towards my blog, I've just been hectically busy this month. I didnt know what to post about so I thought I'd talk about a foudation that I've recently purchased and I quite like it. It's Maybelline's 24H Superstay foundation which i got last week in the colour Cocoa purely because I needed a deep toned foundation and in the little pharmacies where I live, choice isnt that great. I ended up going back 2 days later for a coupe more colours, I liked the feel of the product so much.


Let's start with the packaging. I love that its in a glass bottle but the white plastic pump cheapens the packaging. At least there IS a pump, but because its white, it gets dirty in no time at all.

As you can see, it claims to be heat, humidity and sweat resistant, non rubby-offy and all that good stuff. Normally those qualities would put me off a product because I'd presume that it would have a cakey finish but this isnt like that at all. Yes it does have a matte finish but I think it still has a slight sheen (I could be imagining that). This foundation has lasted me through sweat and drizzly rain, it doesnt cake and Im just very impressed with it.

Colours L-R: 070 Cocoa, 048 Sun Beige and 010 Ivory



Without make-up! Eeek!

And with! I would describe this as medium to full coverage, depending on method of application, eg. full coverage when applied with a foudation brush, mediumwhen applied with fingers or stippling brush. I used a stippling brush.

7 comments:

  1. Good to see you back! I didn't know about this foundation but I am gonna have to try it! I need something to last like it says =) thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya! It seems as though we both have a interest for the same thing.
    Your blog, "Blogger: love thing..." and mine are very similar.
    Have you ever thought about writing a guest write-up for a related blog?
    It will certainly help gain exposure to your
    blog (my website recieves a lot of traffic). If you happen to be interested, contact me at: douglas-beebe@hotmail.
    de. Thanks

    Stop by my site :: extended stay housing Tucson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if you ever considered changing the layout of your
    site? Its very well written; I love what youve got to
    say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people
    could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or
    two pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?


    Stop by my site monkeyfilter.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's
    new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back often!


    Visit my site :: sail-away.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gday! I hope you do not mind but I decided to publish your website: http://www.
    blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6792281445737795757&postID=1862099295335013242 to my internet directory.
    I used, "Blogger: love thing..." as your site headline.
    I hope this is ok with you. However, if you'd like me to change the title or remove it completely, email me at tracey_blunt@freenet.de. Many thanks.

    My web site; vacation rentals by owner colorado river

    ReplyDelete
  6. your skin is so perfect... ^^ you do not need to put any makeup. you're already pretty :0

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, that's so sweet of you to say! I do beg to differ, but well just agree to disagree ;) thanks for stopping by my blog! X

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx