Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Gold & Bronze Sultry Smokey Eyes


Hello Lovelies, I havent done a tutorial in a while and the sun was out today after I was finished work so I decided to do a sexy smokey, almost runway-like makeup look for you. I hope you enjoy it x
I applied UDPP all over the lid

I did strong brows using Urban Decay Buck and a Stila dark matte brown.

I applied Benefit Creaseless Eye Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit right in the middle part of my lid as well as all through the browbone. I avoided the inner and outer corners.

The Birthday Suit colour wasnt as bright as I wanted the lid colour to be so I put Urban Decay Half-Baked on top, but left the browbone area alone.

I placed the Urban Decay colours Darkhorse and Hustle in the outer and inner corners and sharply through the crease. Using a blending brush I blended them out roughly, I didnt want this look to be perfect, more of an "accidentally sexy" eye.


I took the dark colours messily underneath the eye, liner my lower and upper waterline with Avon Supershock Gel liner and added Collection 2000 Big Fake Lash Mascara. In the inner corner I added a tiny bit of Toasted from Urban Decay.

Face: Bourjoix Healthy Mix Foundation #52
GOSH Liquid Highlighter on cheekbones, centre of nose, cupid's bow.
GOSH Bronzer in 02 Natural Glow to contour.
Nothing on lips.


I dont know how wearable this look is, but it was fun to do and its something different. If I was wearing ths out, I would probably use a matte colour for the dark colour to contrast with the bright gold even more.

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! These shadows are great colour choices for your blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The liner absolutely makes this - really gorgeous look!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they look so amazing, you're really talented! xx
    love Hannah xxx
    Also, I'm having a giveaway, maybe you'd like to enter? :)
    http://hazzaapee.blogspot.com/2011/03/news-mini-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. honey your eyes are gooooooorgeous!!! love this eye look, i'm trying it out tight now.


    rica
    smolderphloof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi again, i tried this look and i failed miserably *oops*. mainly because i used two colors that aren't too far different. will try again tomorrow.

    anyway thanks for dropping by my blog, really appreciate it. :D


    rica

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING! This look is so pretty I love it.Need to try it out.
    talkativetam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I must do an updated version of this, looking back at these old posts is so cringey! Haha xx

      Delete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx