Sunday, 24 April 2011

Blue & Magenta Tutorial

Here's how I did the look in my previous post, keep in mind that I was just going to play around and didnt know what I was going to do next but I took photos anyway, just in case it turned out to be something worth showing. I used a nameless 88 plaette thing for a lot of the colours so Im sorry I cant give you specific names but if youre going to replicate this you can use whatever colours you like! Anyway, hope everyones had a great easter and arent hungover like I am (again) haha. Much Love xxx
I did a strong brow using Brown Down from Mac and applied Urban Decay Primer Potion.

I applied Stila Smudge Pot in Cobalt on the inner part of my lid, not worrying about blending.

From a nameless 88 cheapo palette I took a bright shimmery blue and packed it on top of Cobalt, blending out the edges.

I then took a similar toned but lighter blue to blend towards the nose and fade the blue out nicely.

From the same palette I took a matte bluey pink magenta colour and applied it to the outer half of the lid, making a winged shape and blending with the blue. I also took this to meet the blue underneath the lower lashline.

I applied Gosh Kohl Liner in White on the waterline and for the inner corner and brow highlight I used a shimmery white from my Bed Head Quad in Drama Queen.

I used Calvin Klein Gel liner to do a thick winged liner and added Collection 2000 Big Fake Lash mascara (which is drying out already).

I put on Ardell Demi Whispies.

And on top I put on these crazy purple and pink rhinestone lashes that I got on ebay years ago and never had a use for. Ipretty much based this look around the eyelashes, as they were going to be the main focus but as you can see they somehow arent.


I then applied a third set of lashes underneath, these are also from ebay and they were also purple :) I wouldve made more of an effort on the underneath part of my eyes but I didnt know what I was doing at all so it looks a bit gammy but just ignore that.

Add some rhinestones and OCC Anime and Voila! All done!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted the tutorial for this! The lashes absolutely make it.

    Amazing as ever! And thank you so much for the comment on my YT video! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx