Sunday, 10 April 2011

Benefit Mini Haul

Hello Ladies, hope you all had a great weekend! I went shopping a couple of weeks back (same day I got my extensions, which I promise I will do a post about, I love them) and somehow found myself at the Benefit counter! How did that happen? I havent been too familiar with their products before, apart from a lipstick that a friend gave me as she didnt like the shade (which I lovelovelove). I picked up another lipstick of theirs, Shy, which is a beautiful creamy pinky nude. I also purchased the Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Birthday Suit but unfortunately they were out of stock that day. The girl who was helping me was so nice and told me that she only lives in the next town, a 20 minute drive and that she'd drop it in to me on her way home whenever the order came in. So I only walked away with the lipstick that day, and took pictures and swatches of it that evening and those pictures are on our other laptop which my boyfriend lent to a friend so I will do a separate post on Shy :) Im blabbering today. So the order came in about 5 days later but the girl was sick for another week or so, so it took ages to get my Birthday Suit, but today she dropped it in and I was so excited to see that she'd put in a few complimentary products, for taking so long! Yay! The reason I'm going to such detail with this little story is that I am just amazed at the customer service I've received from Benefit and I suspect a lot of it was down to having someone as lovely as the girl helping me go to such efforts to make sure a customer was happy. I will definitely go back for more ridiculously priced beautifully packaged great products :)

So here's Birthday Suit, its a metallic muted gold. The texture and consistecy of this is not what youd expect, i thought it would be almost like a gel liner consistency but its like butter, the product seems to melt when you dip your finger in it. Cant wait to use this in a look. And how adorable is the packaging?!


Next is a super cute sample sized Posie Tint, which is a very intresting product that I cant wait to play with, Ive never used anything like this before.

Another freebie was a full size eyeshadow in the colour Buckle Bunny, a shimmery peach colour.


And last sample product is a lipstick in the colour Ladie's Choice. Its the same creamy type of colour as Shy, and its the old traditional lipstck shape instead of the new flat top shaped ones which Im happy about. Its a nude light brown colour, I dont know how it shows up on the lips because mine are very sensitive at the minute and trying out lipsticks wouldnt help them :) or look very nice haha.

Swatches L-R: Shy, Ladie's Choice, Buckle Bunny, Birthday Suit, Posie Tint.


What do you think of Benefit? Ane bad experiences? Any good ones?

2 comments:

  1. I love posietint! benefit is one of my favourite brands, their products are so lovely! xxx
    great haul, love Hannah xxx
    Also, I'm having a giveaway, maybe you'd like to enter? :)
    http://hazzaapee.blogspot.com/2011/03/news-mini-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx