Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Purple Pin Up Smokey Eye - a la Katy Perry

I got bored, so here is the how-to for the Katy Perry inspired look (see previous post) :)


UDPP all over lid and for eyebrows I used Brown Down (Mac) and Naked (Urban Decay)

I applied a pearly shimmer colour (this ones a GOSH single eyeshadow, but dont know the name of it. Any light shimmer colour would do) over the moving lid and in the inner corner.

I used an aubergine shade from my TIGI Bed Head 4play quad in Easy-Going in the crease, not a cut crease, but not far off.

I added a hint of pink through the aubergine and used Blanc Type from Mac for my highlight just under the brow.


I took the aubergine under my lashline and deepened it up with GOSH Velvet Eyes Liner in Purple Stain. I also applied a white liner on my waterline.




I layered on AVON Supershock Mascara and Loreal Millions because I coldnt be bothered with fake lashes, but if I were to really go for an authentic Katy look, lashes are a must :)
On the lips I wore OCC Lip Tar in Anime, which on closer observation may be a little too pink even for Katy. She does a softer hot - pink mouth, but oh well.

I hope this was useful to some of you! Much Love xx

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog!!! You makeup looks are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YES! I am loving that neutral/purple smokey eye! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyes are so beautiful :D
    fabulous tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this look! Anything that includes purple is great! =)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx