Sunday, 6 March 2011

Guide To: Deep Penetrating/ Reconstructive Treatments (for your Hair!)

Good Morning lovelies! I love Sundays, got my first lie-in in ages! So I woke up refreshed and happy and thought what better way to spend my Sunday morning than cooking sausages and scrabled egg and blogging about hair treatments!
I chose four different products, all of which claim to give similar results and that are of a varying price range. A deep-penetrating conditioner is a product that doesnt simply detangle and coat hair like regular conditioners do, they work from inside the hair shaft, improving elasticity and flattening the cuticle thus making the hair more manageable and leaving looking shiny and healthy. However, no treatment, no matter how expensive will REPAIR chemical or heat damage to the hair, once the hair shaft is damaged, its damaged. The only way to get rid of damaged hair is cutting it. What reconstructors do, is make the hair more manageable and prevent further damage eg. the ends splitting more etc. Right lets get to the review!

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Deep Conditioner €6.99

Assie is a widely available brand, from your local chemist, to Boots and Superdrug and even Tesco. This was the most affordable of the four, and I used this for two weeks (5 or 6 times) and I found that it didnt make my hair as soft as some of the others but still softer than a normal conditioner would. It smells absolutely DELICIOUS, I dont know what the scent is! I guess its the safflower oil that they say to be one of the main ingredients. I'd say this is a good option if your hair isnt badly damaged and you just want to give it a little lovin'. 6/10

TIGI S Factor "Serious" Conditioner (see below for price)

This is the first ever deep conditioner that I purchased, I got mine in Sally's about a year and a half ago and I only finished the last of it 2 weeks ago! I am unsure about the price of this as you can only get the big pot like mine in beauty supply stores like SalonServices but the smaller size is sold in TIGI salons and shops. Not only that, I think it was a vat-free day and I get extra discount with a trade card so I got this for like £13.99 and its a 750ml tub. So I really couldnt say how much it is :/ Now onto the product itself, TIGI says; "“Serious” Conditioner provides you with a weekly intensive hair remedy that takes hydration to the next level. Sunflower Seed Oil provides intense moisture, while Hydrolyzed Silk minimizes the appearance of split ends. The ideal intense conditioner for all hair types.

Use weekly for 3 to 5 minutes for exceptionally soft, luxurious hair".
This is a lovely product, it has a muted strawberryish scent thats also fresh, and when you apply this to your hair (I apply all treatments the same way unless it gives specific instructions on the bottle, which is from roots to ends, including scalp, I have a normal to sensitive scalp, but if you have a very oily one, I would suggest maybe not applying to the scalp if any sort of oil is a main ingredient) it immediately cools down and tingles! It feels really lovely and creamy but as for improving the condition of your hair, I would say the same as for the Aussie one, great if you dont have very damaged hair and you just want to make it more energised, then great. 7/10

Alfaparf Midollo di Bamboo Recharging Mask €14.99

This is the latest treatment that I've tried, and I'm a little bit obsessed with it. It's a recharging treatment to repair and reinforce fragile, damaged and weakened hair, and you get instant results. It smells very fresh and natural, kind of leafy or like grass..? It also gives that cooling effect to the hair and leaves it so smooth and shiny, I love it. The only problem with this is that I dont think it is available for the public to buy, but there are ways around this. If you know someone, a friend or family member that is hairdressing or working with alfaparf, ask them to order some in for you, or try ebay. I got mine in the hairdressing college that I do my courses in and they have a sales stand there. Also, Alfaparf salons use the whole range as an in-salon treatment, which is what it is desinged for. 8/10

Joico K-Pak Moisture Intense Hydrator approx. 16.00

Joico says; "Replenishes moisture and lipids to overly dry, damaged hair, rendering it manageable, soft, shiny and hydrated. Seals the cuticle and improves elasticity." I love Joico products, and I have to admit I will be biased about this little lovely, I wouldnt say bad things about if I was paid to. It leaves your hair incredibly smooth, and smells luxurious and it's just one of those products that you dont want to leave in the bathroom in case someone else uses it hahah. Love love love 9/10.

Love and healthy hair! xxx

3 comments:

  1. Then, cells that destroy bacteria and cell debris wipe out the yeast.
    This will ensure that you treat the right disease
    when you take the medication. Seek medical or professional help.


    Also visit my webpage how to cure a yeast infection at home fast
    Also see my page :: vaginal yeast infection after Hysterectomy

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your tween is into paint-ball you can take everyone to
    play paint-ball. You make different challenges like scavenger hunts, food challenges, mazes and races.
    That is the new craze in on the internet gaming, and numerous girls and teens are possessing
    a blast.

    Here is my webpage - carnival cruise lines

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you are looking to rid your girl of these unwanted stalkers
    when you are drawn to Willow Creek's Black Mirror Castle. The game was released on August 3, and is in stores now, but probably is where it will remain, sad to say. The game would begin with them watching the collapse of society and the outbreak of magic around the world.

    my web-site ... free music downloads

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx