Thursday, 24 March 2011

Bold Red Liner - Make Blue Eyes Pop!

Hello Ladies! Is everyone else getting this amazing weather? I feel guilty sitting inside uploading pictures, but I'll make this as fast as I can :). So apparently super bright colours are "in" for spring and summer, yellows, oranges and reds. I personally have a little phobia of wearing pink and reds around the eye area because it can so easily look like you have an infection, but wearing red like this is actually one of my favourite looks I've ever done! And its super simple. Enjoy!


The first thing I did was prime my lid with UDPP and fill in my brows with UD Buck and Naked.

I then took my angled brush and picked up a cool red from a nameless 88 eyeshadow palette. Red is one of those colours that some people have a sensitivity to, so make sure whatever colour you choose is safe around the eye area. Red is great on every eye colour, but if you feel like it really doesnt suit you, you can do this with any other vibrant colour :)

I then took some Buck from the Naked palette and placed that in the crease for some dimension and blended it out with Naked. I also used Benefit Low Profile to blend further.

I used Blanc Type from Mac on my moving lid (I didnt really know what I was doing so the order of placing tyhe shadows is a bit funky :P) and in the inner corner. Virgin from Naked palette as brow highlight.



I took Creep (UDNP)and put it as close to my lashline as possible, just to thicken up the lashline a little bit.

I used a white kohl on the waterline, but you can use black if you prefer. Here's how they look. I chose white because I wanted the red to be the centre of focus and drama and felt that a black rim would take away from it.


Some mascara (Loreal Volume Millions) and ta-da!


On the face I used:
-Bourjoix Healthy Mix Foundation
-Gosh Touch Up! Concealer
-Dermosil Highlighter (under eyes)
-Gosh Bronzer (02 Natural Glow)
- Shell Creme Colour Base from Mac
On the lips I used Gosh Lipstick in 134 Darling (fleshy nude).


I hope you like the look, Im away to go enjoy the sunshine! Much Love! Xxx

4 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! I love red for blue eyes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent use of red around the eyes. It's bold yet wearable at the same time. Great idea to make blue eyes stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vilken färg har du på highlightern? Fair eller medium? :) Snyggt!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx