Friday, 4 February 2011

Skincare Routine Updated!

Hi All! I just want to show you some of the products that I use to take care of my skin. My skin type is normal to dry, so im very lucky but i do work very hard to keep it that way, and I think the biggest thing you can do to fix any skin problem is to do what feels good to it. If it's tight, moisturise, if it's sensitive, stop using the product that sensitises it! Etc etc. Simples! :P

Cleanser: Nivea Visage Young Clean Deeper Daily Wash Scrub

I've used this cleanser for the last four or five years and it just agrees with my skin. It takes off every last trace of make-up, my skin feels clean and refreshed and super smooth thanks to the light exfoliating particles. And its under a fiver. Love it.

Exfoliant: Anew Clinical Advanced Dermabrasion System from Avon.

I got this with the christmas gveaway prize from the lovely girls at Pixiwoo (<3)
It's for a slightly more mature skin than mine, and it is quite harsh I find. There is 4 different levels and you use one level for 2 weeks and the abrasion gets more and more effective towards the 4th level. After youre finished the 6 week system, you give your skin a 2 week break and start from the beginning. I don't like to use this as often as it says in the instructions because I feel that it can make my skin a little sensitive, but all that said, this is the best exfoliation I've ever experienced.

Toner: Kaeso Balm Mint & Cotton Hydrating Toner

This is the first toner I ever got (I bought it in September and its still going strong), mainly because I never really felt like it was necessary. What a toner does is remove any remaining particles of cleanser, tighten the pores and balance the skin's PH. Of course different toners do different things, but those are the basics. Using this toner hasnt IMPROVED my skin in a major way, (I've never been prone to blemishes anyway) but I find I couldnt live without it now. When I went on holidays, I didnt want to bring this over because its huge and I was totally lost when mum didnt have any toner either. I find that it completes my skin routine somehow, like its not as clean without it or something.. I don't know! :P

Moisturizer: Nivea Soft Moisturising Cream

Another one of those products I've been using since I can remember, I just love Nivea, all their products seem to love my skin. And vise versa. This is a light, refreshing moisturiser, and its the only one I use, day and night (just slap more on for night). There's really not much to say, it's such a basic simple product, but I just LOVE it.

Eye Cream: Anew Clinical Eye Lift from Avon

Another Avon giveaway goodie, there's a gel for your lid and browbone, and a cream for under eyes. I loved this at first, but now I think my eyelid has become a little sensitised, but i adore the under eye cream, its yummy! Im starting to run out of this and I wouldn't buy it again probably, do you have any suggestions for a great eye cream?

Serum: Anew Clinical Derma-Full x3 Facial Filling Serum by Avon

Again from Avon, this serum is designed for a more mature skin, so my skin doesnt benefit from it at all, but what I use this for is I apply it to my neck at night. The skin on our necks is the first that starts ageing, and there is very little you can do about it once its sagging, surgical or none surgical. So I like to take extra good care of mine haha. Paranoid? Me?

So I think that's all, I hope that was in some way helpful! Oh and I wash my face every morning and every evening, twice in the evening to remove make-ep and secondly to actually clean the skin. I dont sleep with make-up on and I dont smoke (anymore. YAY!) I ordered a few things from dollydagger.co.uk this afternoon, I can't wait to show you what I got! They sell the cutest stuff (unnecessary stuff, but CUTE). Love! xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx