Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Hairstyle of the Day

Long Hair! sort of! I'll show ya how to stick in some extensions and fake it... Hope you like, and find this in some way useful! Love xxx


What you need:
- Clip-in human-hair extensions that match your shade. (Mine are fairly old Dream Hair extensions from Sally's and they cost £14.99 with a trade card. They were coloured and cut when I went copper )
- Backcombing brush
- Wide Tail Comb
- Hairspray
- heat styler of choice (optional)

How To:
1. Take your extensions and brush them out (preferably with a paddle brush, but I just used my denman.) I used 3 rows in this look.



2. Section your hair just below the top of your ears all the way accross and backcomb the roots, then give the roots a quick spray.

3. My extensions vary in colour slightly, so the ones I wear underneath are a little darker and longer too so I applied those to the first section. Dont be afraid to bunch the clips together, they may feel bumpy, but you cannot see any bumpiness when your hair is down.



4. Section your hair about an inch above your ear. Again tease the roots, spray and bunch the clips together. These steps ensure that your extensions do not come out until you take them off. Repeat on other side.


5. If you have more than 3 rows of extensions, apply the extra rows below the top of your ear, I would nt recommend applying clip-ins above this point as they can become very obvious looking, especially if you have layers cut in.

6. Style your hair to your prefrence, my extensions were still wavy from the last time they were worn and my hair was freshly blowdried so I didnt do anything much! You can tease the crown, curl your hair, straighten it (I do not recommend) whatever you like! Hope you found this useful and if you want to know more just leave me a comment and I'll get back to you! xxx


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow you look stunning! Id love to get some extensions but i really dont know how to do anything with my hair! I cant even backcomb lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for copper extensions to match my hair and I have been unsuccessful at finding any. I bought some and tried to dye them but it didn't take. I was just wondering why kind of dye you used and what was the original colour of the extensions. my email is :
    erie.julie@gmail.com
    I really do appreciate it!
    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I love your hair colour. Can you tell me the shade and brand pleeeease! I'm also a hairdresser I use wella. What is your natural base? Fab, I'm going copper tomorrow , LOVE IT!

    Stylingdubai@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I cant really remember what shade it was, the brand was Joico..! My natural base is between a 7 and an 8. I think this was like 8.66 or something :) sorry couldnt be of more help! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx