Sunday, 21 November 2010

Essentials: Hairbrushes!



So today, instead of hairstyle of the day (because I was out last night and my hair resembled an owl's nest) Ill talk about the basic brushes and combs every girl needs. I hope you find this useful and im sure most of you already know this stuff but theres no harm in it is there?x

Wide Tooth Comb
Where: Sally's Salon Services
Price: part of student kit, unknown
Why: detangling wet and dry hair, causes very little damage, create parting, sectioning hair.
+: one of my favourite combs, mainly because im obsesssed with healthy h
air, and the fact that his comb is so gentle and effective detangling.



Wide Tail Comb
Where: Sally's Salon Services
price: as above
Why: Creating partings, sectioning hair and this is the comb i use when using my straightening iron.


Tail Comb
Where: Sally's
Price: £3.99
Why: Partings, sectioning, highlights (do not attempt DIY highlights please :P been there done that), backcombing.
+ Most people find ths comb to be the easiest to use when drawing out your parting thanks to the precise sharp tail.


Backcombing Brush
Where: Sally's
Price: £2.99
Why: Backcombing. A duh :) This brush creates the least breakage when backcombing and youll get the best result. Creates a tease that is easily brushed out without ripping half the hair off your head. The bristles also double as the perfect brush for smothing out your tease for easy effortless volume. A definite must-have.


Classic Denman Brush D3
Where: Frickin anywhere! (Mine came with my student kit from Sally's)
Price: £6.94
Why: Denman website says: "Medium styling brush with 7 rows of nylon pins. The famous Denman anti-static rubber pad provides maximum grip and control during blow-drying for shaping hair. The most famous styling brush in the world!"
Personally, I mainly use this brush for detangling dry hair when Im too lazy to do it with my wide tooth comb. It detangles so quickly and doesnt rip your hair out. Occasionally i might use this for blowdrying but I prefer using a round brush.


Round Brush (Ceramic)
Where: where do you think?
Price: Came with student kit, unknown
Why: Blowdrying. This includes ceramic round brushes of all sizes, im not sure how wide the one in the picture is, but thats the one i use because of my hair length. The longer your hair the bigger the brush you need. If your brush is too small, long hair will inevitably get stuck in it and we dont want that. Unless of course youre doing a curly blowdry. I definitely recommend a ceramic round brush because the centre heats up, drying your hair faster and making it smoother.


Right so i think thats about all! keep in mind that of course you can get all of these brushes in Boots or anywhere like that, I just got mine in Sally's. If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask me! Hope you this useful in some way, and have a great day! Love xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, new follower here! I love your blog and your hair is so gorgeous! Lol this is funny because i only just threw out my at least 3 year old brush and replaced it! Im definately a one brush kinda girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair is gorgeous as well though,maybe im the only one who needs 10 brushes to control my hair! :) and thanks so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit that I must befriend the brush and get myself one. I get so lazy that I brush my hair with my hand and just tie it. :))

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx